The authenticode digital certificates I purchased again in 2019 expired just lately, so I needed to get a brand new certificates (you’ll be able to’t renew a certificates, as such, you simply want to purchase a brand new one). Just a few months earlier than the expiry I emailed KSoftware.web, who I had purchased earlier digital certificates from and with whom I had all the time had a great expertise up to now. No reply. I attempted a pair extra instances, together with the non-public e-mail of Mitchell, the founder. Nothing. Another person instructed me that they had had comparable experiences. Their recent trustpilot ratings are a horror show. And the copyright date on their web site is ‘2003 – 2021’. However they have been nonetheless promoting on Google Adwords. I do not know what is going on right here. In case you are studying this Mitchell, I hope you’re okay.
With KSoftware out of the image I regarded elsewhere. Ultimately I ended up shopping for a brand new Sectigo certificates from signmycode.com. I partly selected them as a result of they supplied a 5 12 months certficate and the much less typically I’ve to undergo the ball ache of a getting a brand new certificates, the higher. The expertise was decidely combined.
- The costs appear affordable, in comparison with different choices.
- Help was responsive. English didn’t look like their first language, however it was ok.
- I obtained my new certificates inside just a few days and have had no points with it to this point. The change in certificates appears to be set off just a few buyer’s anti-virus software program, however that was to be anticipated.
- The web steering and documentation on the method was mediocre, at greatest.
- I used to be a bit confused about whether or not I needed to click on ‘Purchase now’ or ‘Renew now’. It appears that is extra advertising and marketing/website positioning functions and it doesn’t matter which you click on.
- I needed to ship them a photograph of me holding a authorities ID. This felt fairly uncomfortable, however is perhaps one thing mandated by the certificates corporations.
- After I obtained my certificates I checked the expiry date and it was solely 3 years. After I queried this I used to be rold that the ‘5 12 months certificates’ I believed I had purchased is not a 5 12 months certificates. It’s a 3 12 months certificates, then I’ve to use for a brand new pre-paid 2 12 months certificates in 3 years time.
That is what you see if you click on on ‘Purchase now’:
Once you see this, wouldn’t you anticipate to get a single 5 12 months certificates? If there was something explaining that this was 2 separate certificates, I didn’t discover it. It definitely didn’t point out it on their residence web page. This feels misleading to me.
Who is aware of if this firm will nonetheless be there in 3 years time? I emailed them and instructed them I wished to maintain the brand new 3 12 months certificates and for them to refund the two 12 months certificates. They mentioned they might solely refund your complete order after which I must begin the entire course of over again. In addition they claimed:
“renewal validation is way more simple then shopping for a brand new certificates as many of the validation half is getting carry ahead.”
We’ll see. Purchaser beware.
See additionally: The nice digital certificates ripoff?